SUMMER HEAT POWERS THE MAGNET...

The summer has been getting ridiculously hot...and that heat has made the placement activity at The Talent Magnet sizzle!

Although there have been fewer new jobs coming in over the past few weeks - the opportunities presented have been fantastic & we managed to introduce 7 outstanding candidates to new employers in the past 3-4 weeks.

Identifying exceptional candidates with experience in ADVERTISING (ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT/MEDIA PLANNING/INTERACTIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT) and MARKETING (BEAUTY/COSMETICS/LUXURY/ENTERTAINMENT) continue to monopolize my recruitment efforts.

I have also had the opportunity to assist some spectacular New Grads land their first job.

Moving forward, I am on a mission to develop strong relationships and represent a new select group of candidates.

If you are contemplating a career move and have at least a year of experience in ADVERTISING ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT or MEDIA PLANNING...I want to meet you!!!

Currently, I am recruiting actively for 5 of the most prestigious names in Beauty/Luxury. as a result, I am looking for "rising stars" in Hair Care, Fragrance, Color, Lip/Nail, Skin Care & Make-Up. Product Development continues to be the greatest need...however, I am always happy to speak to professionals with Brand Management, Promotions, Merchandising, Operations/Demand Planning experience as well.


I wanted to share a funny but true story:

A candidate with 7 months of experience comes to me looking to make a move. She is bright...but definitely has an over-inflated sense of self worth. I introduce her to several opportunities & one of my clients expresses interest in extending an offer. The position is exactly what she has described she is looking for and would result in a 5K bump in salary...not bad for only having 7 months of experience. The candidate goes back and forth for days...asking an infinite # of questions relating to management structure, benefits, etc. Finally...she is satisfied that all of her inquires have been answered. I extend the offer & she asks for 3 days to get back to me. 3 days later, she calls to tell me she wants to accept...but had one last question. The candidate asked if the employer offers a RELOCATION allowance. I responded by telling her I was not certain & asked why she was asking. she responded by telling me that this new opportunity is in Soho & she now lives on the upper east side. She felt her commute would now be intolerable & wanted to know if the employer would assist in RELOCATING her...

Needless to say; I told her to "put down the crack pipe" and schooled her in the most tactful manner I could. Even though she is new to the interview process, I felt this was deserving of a blog "shout out"!!!

Enjoy the rest of the summer!!



" I'M GOIN STRAIGHT TO THE BANK WITH THIS..." - 50 CENT

Popular posts from this blog

LIKE ME - FRIEND ME - CONNECT WITH ME... HAVE WE MET?

DO YOU THINK THE RECESSION IS OVER?