MAKING MOVES LIKE MOISHE'S....

Finally, some warmer weather is here...the Yankees are WINNING...A-ROD is hitting...and The Magnet continues to place exceptional candidates with amazing companies.

You may want to think of me as Ari from ENTOURAGE...I am that "type A" crazy Agent working behind the scenes to get my clients a great deal..in this case a new job & more money than they had been making.

Since my last entry, I have placed over a dozen candidates in new careers!!! These positions varied greatly and included the following titles:

Executive Assistant
Marketing Coordinator
Account Executive (Ad Agency)
Media Planner
Billing Coordinator
Sales Assistant
Marketing Manager (Beauty)
Manager of Public Relations
Financial Analyst
Project Manager (Interactive Ad Agency)

These candidates averaged a 9K increase in base salary & are in positions with companies that regularly promote from within.

Our client roster is primarily composed of leaders in the worlds of Beauty/Cosmetics/Luxury & Advertising/Media/Marketing/Promotions Agencies with a spattering of Entertainment & Publishing.

I'm done bragging...so now I will share an embarrassing moment...since I have been quick to point out others' mistakes...

E-Mail...love it...makes life easier...communication instant...however, it also leaves a lot of room for misinterpretation & the opportunity for the wrong party receiving your message by mistake...which brings me to my story...

I had been out of the office for a few days recently & checking my E-Mail remotely trying to keep up on business and interviews. My partner in crime (Recruiter) Jill Millman had been in contact with a candidate and was coordinating her interview with a Beauty company. I was not aware that there had been a scheduling miscommunication a few days prior and that the client was expecting the candidate to show and she did not. I just knew that Jill had this candidate confirmed for an appointment for a future date. I saw an E-Mail from this candidate stating that she had received a call from another recruiter regarding an interview on the same day/time as the one we scheduled & confirmed. She was asking Jill what she should do...(remember, i was not aware there had been a previous issue)...I was irritated & quickly set out to send an E-Mail to Jill regarding this issue.

Unfortunately, in my haste...I sent off an email questioning "why this chick would contemplate scheduling an interview conflicting with the one we set"...and went on to close my E-Mail by asking "is she retarded?" I hit the REPLY button and immediately felt sick. I had replied to the candidate I was speaking "so nicely" about and not sent this to Jill as I had wanted. Needless to say, I was embarrassed, mortified & just sat waiting for a reply...BTW- I tried to "RECALL" the message unsuccessfully. The candidate sent an E-Mail back to Jill about an hour later telling her she no longer had interest in the interview & furthermore had no interest in working with us in her search for a new position...she closed the E-Mail by encouraging Jill to ask me "who is the real retard?"

I am happy to say...really just lucky...that after much groveling...apologizing...self-deprication..this candidate actually found it FUNNY...and let me off the hook and went on the interview...

Technology...sometimes it is TOO FAST...& I am human...capable of putting my foot in my mouth on occasion.
__________________________________________________________________

Big lesson in humility...learned...noted...


The job market continues to be very healthy. There are new openings coming in every week & it is more difficult than ever to identify "unique" talent. I want to remind everyone of my REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM...

I will happily pay a $1,000 REFERRAL BONUS to anyone that refers a candidate I am successful placing!!!


GO YANKS!!!


"IF - I - CAN'T - DO IT...HOMEY - IT CAN'T BE DONE!" - 50 CENT

Popular posts from this blog

LIKE ME - FRIEND ME - CONNECT WITH ME... HAVE WE MET?

DO YOU THINK THE RECESSION IS OVER?