"BALANCE"...everyone wants it...few have found it!

As a TRUE Libra; I have been on a lifetime quest for BALANCE. The "scales" have been representative of different parts of my life at different times - but the desire for harmony/equality have been a constant.

I find that this is a goal that I share with most people in my life and candidates I meet.

We tend to divide or compartmentalize our lives into segments we attach a title to. For me; I always saw my life in the following distinct areas:

PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS/LOVE * PROFESSIONAL/MONEY
HEALTH/WELL BEING * FAMILY

In my "adult" life; I cannot recall when I felt all of the above areas were ALL equally POSITIVE. Perhaps it is naive to expect that this ever happens? I have come close...and had 3 of 4 in a "good place".

These quadrants are an oversimplification of very complex, dynamic categories. I believe that BALANCE is so difficult to obtain...in part - due to the fact that they are so connected. For example; when my professional life is thriving - I am busy...making money...etc. - I have a greater sense of WELL BEING. as a result of being "HAPPIER"...my personal relationships SEEM better. So...with all this INTERCONNECTION - BALANCE is a tremendous challenge!

Many of the people I meet have expressed the same desire to have this ILLUSIVE balance. Obviously, when I am speaking to people - the conversation centers on the PROFESSIONAL portion of their lives. While I try to provide some guidance and words of wisdom, I often learn from those I am speaking with...how to make changes in my life that will result in a stronger CHANCE for / SENSE of balance.

In addition to trying hard to focus ONLY on those things we have control over, taking advantage of all resources you have is key. If you find yourself unemployed; your job search will remain the biggest priority. However, many people I have been speaking to have been using their new found extra time to reconnect with family/friends. It sounds simple...and has nothing to do with searching for a job....but that is the whole point. By occupying yourself with pleasurable activities, you may find renewed motivation and positivity relating to your search.

Some of us obsess on "what could I have done differently?" or "what will happen if I don't land a new job in a month"? Spending time in the PAST or FUTURE...prevents us from being IN THE PRESENT. Just worry about TODAY. Try to take some enjoyment in SIMPLE things - steps you are taking - a good meal, etc. Anything that keeps you in a POSITIVE frame of mind is GOOD. So...try to have some balance! Spend a few hours searching - make a lunch date with a friend - listen to your favorite music...ALL OF THESE THINGS WILL IMPACT YOUR SENSE OF WELL BEING, BEING HAPPIER...WILL LIKELY MAKE THOSE CLOSE TO YOU HAPPIER TO BE AROUND YOU AS WELL!

Just like your diet --- try to maintain VARIETY.

FEAR AND WORRY CAN MOTIVATE SOME PEOPLE...but it usually does more to UNmotivate and cause us to focus on ALL the negative things that have happened and could happen.

I am not a Therapist...but speak to hundreds and hundreds of people every week. They have helped me to take inventory of all that I am blessed with and to understand that EVERYONE is feeling challenge and stress.

So...spend the time you are not looking for a new job (of which...few are even available...YET!) filling yourself with POSITIVITY by spending time with those you really enjoy & other activities that make you HAPPY. Ultimately, this will impact the manner in which you interact with EVERYONE...including prospective employers!

"PAIN... IS JUST FEAR LEAVING THE BODY" - US MARINE CORP SLOGAN

Popular posts from this blog

LIKE ME - FRIEND ME - CONNECT WITH ME... HAVE WE MET?

DO YOU THINK THE RECESSION IS OVER?