Thoughts from the mind of The Magnet...

Let me begin by telling you that 2007 continues to be a record setting year when it comes to successfully matching exceptional candidates with career-advancing opportunities my clients are offering.

Since my last entry, I have placed candidates in the following roles with an average increase in base salary of 12K:

ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - Global Ad Agency
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - International Beauty Company
MARKETING MANAGER - Cosmetics/Fragrance Leader
MARKETING COORDINATOR - International Beauty Leader
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE - Media Company
MARKETING/OPERATIONS MANAGER - International Beauty Company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - Boutique Ad Agency
MEDIA PLANNER - Interactive Ad Agency
FINANCE ASSOCIATE - Fashion Ad Agency
PROJECT MANAGER - Interactive Ad Agency

Currently, I am actively looking/hunting for:

ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES - Global & Boutique Ad Agencies (entry level as well)
DIRECTOR, ONLINE MARKETING - International Beauty Company
SENIOR MANAGER, ONLINE MARKETING - Beauty Giant
NEW BUSINESS STRATEGIST - Global Media Agency
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - Entertainment/Broadcasting Company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO SVP - Beauty Giant

and more...


The thoughts I would like to share relate to the unique position I am in to be a "Career Counselor", "Psychiatrist", "Bar Tender" "Friend" to those candidates I am representing in a search for a new opportunity.

My communication style & respect for the candidates I work with often puts me in a position to learn very personal information. People share with me their disappointments, fears, aspirations, family problems & more. All of these things contribute to why someone is making a move and what it is they are seeking.

Surprisingly...more money is not as high on the list as you may assume. This is particularly true for those candidate with 5+ years of experience or more. You see, these candidates have made moves previously...sometimes for the wrong reasons and understand better what they truly need to feel satisfied.

When it comes down to it people want a job they can get excited about...feel challenged by...and more importantly feel they are truly contributing. It is a need to be recognized or appreciated that most people I work with really want. What makes people want to move is this feeling they are not reaching their potential. More specifically...that in times of challenge & adversity, they "stepped up" only to not have their efforts recognized.

People want to work at a place they feel they belong - in a place where people appear happy & their is a sense of commonality. It seems pretty elementary, but this is often a lifetime quest.

This is why I take the time to evaluate all the information candidates are sharing to ensure that I am making the most appropriate match to employers that embody the qualities/characteristics they are seeking.

Life...is difficult enough...your job should not be a "difficult" area in your life. It is very easy to be happy & successful when things are going well. However, it is the exceptional minority of people that despite great challenge & adversity in their life, still reach their potential. These are the type of candidates I truly appreciate.

These are the people that I can relate to. To the outside world, their life appears to be ideal. The reality is that they have overcome tremendous adversity time and again & "battle" everyday to maintain this harmonious image. These are the people that have realized what is truly important...personally & professionally.

True champions...in sport & business have failed almost as much as they have succeeded. It is their desire to reach their true potential that motivates & carries them through challenge. I like to work for & with champions...people who do not "settle" or "coast"...people who participate in life with a sense of purpose & passion...these are the people I get most excited about introducing to my clients.

Take a personal inventory when conducting your search. I am certain there are many champions that have been "coasting" or watching from the sidelines. When you understand fully what motivates you & what situation may put you in the best position to reach your potential...I can find it!!!

WANTED: CHAMPIONS



"I'M AS FAST AS LIGHTENING BRO...YOU BETTER GET YOUR NIKES BRO!" - T I

Popular posts from this blog

LIKE ME - FRIEND ME - CONNECT WITH ME... HAVE WE MET?

DO YOU THINK THE RECESSION IS OVER?