ON A PERSONAL NOTE...A MUSICAL NOTE....

Most of you that visit my blog know that I generally discuss issues that relate to searching for jobs, interviewing, resumes, etc.

In addition, I close out all my postings with a quote of some sort. The quotes usually come from a song that I identify with (usually something from a Rap, Hip-Hop or R & B artist). The truth is that my musical tastes are quite varied.

My iPod has an eclectic inventory of Classic Rock, Pop, Reggae...along with my favorite Rap & Hip-Hop tunes. Music has always been an important part of my life. I find inspiration & peace from listening to lyrics & beats that move me.

Although I never played an instrument...it has been a regret of mine that I did not have the ability to use music as another form of creative expression. I was always envious of the person that could sit down at a piano and bang out a tune or that I was not the guy grabbing my guitar and jamming with my frends.

To this end, I finally decided to address my fears (of not being capable of playing an instrument well) and recently purchased a guitar and have been taking lessons weekly. Surprisingly, I have found the whole process exciting & therapeutic!!!

I was fortunate to be referred to a talented musician who also teaches guitar.

His name is Steve Ferrara and he not only has an undergraduate degree in music, but is currently pursuing an advanced degree in Music Composition. Steve has a great personality - easy going - patient & brings the credibility of being an accomplished performer. He has released several of his own CDs and contributes lyrically/musically & from a production perspective to many "Indie" bands already signed to labels.

http://www.myspace.com/steveferrara


This experience has given me a greater respect for musicianship & for those people who put themselves out there... despite any fears of failing!

Steve is currently looking to take on a few more students in the NYC area and felt that I needed to tell all who visit my blog about him!!!

If you played "back in the day" or like me, have been thinking about taking up the guitar...but have not "pulled the trigger" ...I highly reccommend reaching out to Steve to have him teach you!!!

He is a young guy - whose patient personality and encouraging manner makes it FUN to learn!!!

Steve takes into account your personal musical tastes and can customize an instructional program that suits you!!!

If you have been looking for a NEW creative outlet or would just like to be able to actually play some of your favorite music...YOU NEED TO CALL STEVE FERRARA!!!

If you do reach out, please do mention that you became aware of him via my blog!!!!


Go for it...and HAPPY STRUMMING!!!!!


"REGRETS ARE JUST OPPORTUNITIES YOU DID NOT ACT ON!"
- SEAN KOPPELMAN

Popular posts from this blog

LIKE ME - FRIEND ME - CONNECT WITH ME... HAVE WE MET?

DO YOU THINK THE RECESSION IS OVER?